The AusRock 2018 conference will provide an update to all mining industry geotechnical personnel on best practice in both Australasia and overseas.
AusRock 2018 provides a vehicle for information exchange between the coal and metalliferous sectors of the industry with a focus on new technologies and developments, industry needs and mine site problem solving, and practical case studies.
Abstracts are invited from prospective authors throughout Australasia and internationally.
- Ground support – tendon systems, surface liners, injection systems in open cut and underground mining
- Alternative materials in ground control
- Geotechnical instrumentation, monitoring and data management
- Mine design – geotechnical considerations
- Geotechnical design methodologies
- Geomechanics of multiseam, multireef and complex orebodies
- Geotechnical challenges in extreme mining environments
- Backfill technologies
- Pillar design and performance
- Rock mass characterisation techniques and practice
- Regional stability
- Slope stability
- Geotechnical risk management
- Best practice case studies
- New challenges and innovations in ground control
- Numerical modelling in design
- Mine subsidence – prediction and control
- Caving mechanics and control
- Dynamic mining events and managing large deformations
- Geotechnical education and training