The conference is organized for researchers, consultants, regulators, manufacturers, and mine operators to expedite solutions to ground control problems in mining. The purpose of the conference is to advance ground control science and foster solution-oriented findings through a melding of fundamental science and operator experience. This annual conference has significantly contributed to the field of ground control engineering through dissemination of new research in the form of peer-reviewed papers presented by the authors.
All areas of mining such as coal, hard rock, trona, salt and aggregate will be accepted.
Topics of interest include:
1. Extreme Ground Conditions – Dynamic Collapse, Bumps and Rockbursts
2. Mine Case Histories
3. In-situ Stress and Global Stability
4. Numerical Modeling Applications in Ground Control
5. Fundamental Ground Control Studies
6. Rockmass Support Performance
7. New Ground Control Products and Equipment Development
8. Ground Instrumentation and Monitoring Studies
9. Subsurface Subsidence